Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Birthday Card

I joined a Card Challenge on Myspace. The only card I ever made, if you even want to call it that, was my sons Birthday invitations this year (which came out fabulous!) (see older posts), so this would be a challenge for me.

The challenge is due today and needless to say, I did it last minute last night. I hadn't thought about the theme of the card. I was leaning toward a Halloween card since it is the season, but when looking through my stash I found some items to go together.

The end result, a birthday card for a girl.

If you have been keeping up with my blogging, you've probably noticed that I have NEVER scrapped anything girly - everything is always boy related. And I have to say, this was fun and it came out pretty cute!




I used a pretty background paper, white, pink, green and brown striped. It was from a scrap pack I have and the size was small, so it was perfect for this project instead of cutting down a larger sheet of paper. I glued it down to heavier card stock that I folded.


I was able to find green ribbon that coordinated nicely with the background paper. I adhered that ribbon with my favorite item, Glue Dots. Found the beautiful Butterfly sticker in my stash and placed it centered on the ribbon. Beneath, I simply took a stamp and with my Brush Markers, I was able to use 2 colors that coordinated with the butterfly on the stamp. I just stamped the image on white card stock, cut it out to size and antiqued the edges with my ColorBox Cat's Eye Ink, another favorite product I use pretty often. I added the stamped image with a 3D Dot.


And that's it - I was done. It wasn't so challenging after all!


I will let you know how I did!






0 comments: